UK CREATECH LEADERS TO HIGHLIGHT TRANSFORMATIVE POTENTIAL AT COGX
Entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and creative visionaries will underline CreaTech’s potential to develop new UK investment, jobs and markets during the CogX 2021 Festival of AI and Transformational Technology from June 14th-16th.
Against a backdrop of record venture capital investment into the space where UK creative and tech industries overlap, the CreaTech topic stream at CogX 2021 promises the most detailed exploration yet of this dynamic phenomenon.
Featuring many sessions co-curated with the Creative Industries Council of which UKAEG is a member, the forum of industry and government, the programme brings together a unique mix of decision-makers, entrepreneurs and leading organisations at the forefront of CreaTech today.
Sessions will range from discussions of new research into CreaTech’s impact on UK jobs and investment to debates on uses of AI, 5G, virtual worlds and other technologies to deliver productivity gains, stunning audience experiences and new revenue streams.
Practitioners will set out the potential to build on the UK’s world-class creative industries, which contributed £116bn to the economy in 2019, to return to growth after the disruption of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Examples from gaming, live performance, advertising, e-sports, the visual arts, music, fashion, and many other disciplines will show how CreaTech is opening up creative and commercial possibilities.
Participating organisations in CreaTech@CogX 2021 include flagship names such as Epic Games, Tik Tok, the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Serpentine Gallery, ESL esports, and Framestore. They will be joined by a host of exciting start-up and scale-up young businesses.
UKAEG will be hosting a number of panels and speaking alongside high profile speakers including: C
- Caroline Dinenage MP, Minister of State for Digital and Culture, DCMS
- Dr Jeremy Silver, CEO Digital Catapult and CIC R&D and Innovation Lead
- Sallyann Houghton, Business Development, Epic Games London Innovation Lab
- Neil Boorman, European Head of Creative Lab, TikTok
- James Dean, MD of ESL UK, the world's biggest esports league and co-founder of Weavr
- Hannah Brown, Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer at Formula E, the all-electric motorsport championship, and co-founder and advisor to Ata Football
- Caitlin Ryan, VP EMEA Creative Shop Facebook, Instagram & Oculus
- Herman Narula, CEO Improbable VIRTUAL
- Sol Rogers, Chair of the Immerse UK Advisory Board and founder/CEO of immersive experience company REWIND
- Janet Hull, IPA Director of Marketing Strategy and CIC CreaTech Lead
- Arnold Ma, Founder & CEO of Qumin
- Momo Estrella, Head of Digital Design, IKEA China
The CreaTech topic stream at CogX 2021 will be digitally led, with a small number of in-person sessions.
Free tickets are available at https://cogx.live/festival_page/Creative-Industries-Council-cogx-festival-free-standard-virtual-pass/
CreaTech at CogX 2021 is hosted by Creative Industries Council and supported by Associate Partners Digital Catapult, Facebook, Moore Kingston Smith and UKRI AHRC.