International Trade Week Marks UKAEG's Most Successful Yet!
NOVEMBER 14, 2023
Back for a third time, International Trade Week, led by the Department for Business and Trade (DBT) in partnership with industry, showcased numerous activities tailored for various companies, including events, workshops, and webinars.
This year, we curated a unique events program, extending access to both you, our members, and non-members.
The program focused on the marketing industry and the crucial role that communication strategies play when exporting globally. We focused on key markets such as the US and pivotal events like South by Southwest and Cannes, introducing participants to established and emerging tools such as AI and merchandise.
This year has been our most successful International Trade Week to date!
🌍 5 events
🌎 24 industry leading speakers
🌏 800+ attendees
🌍 20,000 impressions across social
Plus our announcement of £15.6BN of UK Advertising Exports in 2022!
The latest advertising export figures for 2022 show a 15.5% increase year-on-year to reach an impressive £15.6 billion, cementing the industry’s position as a global powerhouse. These latest figures come ahead of a packed programme for International Trade Week (November 6-9), hosted by the Department of Business and Trade and the UK Advertising Export Group (UKAEG), with events designed to help businesses, large or small, maximise their global growth potential in international markets.
If you missed any of our webinars, we have them below for you to watch:
Unlocking Success in the U.S.: A Masterclass in Making a Big Impact
With Propeller, Croud, and The Social Element, we explored the secrets to building a successful reputation and making a big impact in the US Market, through sharing experiences, practical advice, and insider tips.
- Clarity of differentiation is a must
- Show your value
- Understand the market – view states as countries, they have different cultures
- Always be in hiring mode
How To Take Your Business to The Next Level At SXSW
We hosted an exclusive interview with Hugh Forrest, Co-President and Chief Programming Officer for South by Southwest, we talked about how to equip your business with the tools and knowledge needed to make the most of your time (and money) thrive at SXSW
This is a must watch for all those who want to attend this coming year .
- It’s never too early to start setting up your meetings
- You must have a plan – it is much better to have a plan and steer off when serendipitous moments crop up – than to wait for it, and nothing happen
Transatlantic Triumph: Next Level success in the USA
Going Coffee & TV and their client Fox, in this live case study discussion equipping you with knowledge to take your business to the next level in the USA. Together, they spearheaded the creation of stunning visual effects for Next Level Chef, the network’s flagship show.
- Respect the time difference, hold back emails until joint working hours.
- Over communicate – and over research!
- Continuity of talent, where possible keep everyone needed on every call.
Your Brand in Their Hands
Discover how tangible, branded merchandise and cutting-edge digital innovations can extend your brand’s reach and create a memorable impact on your target audience. Gain insights from industry leaders St Luke’s, BPMA, and Allwag Promotions.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should!
- Evaluation is key – you need to prove your ROI.
How to Win at Cannes Lions
- Inside the Jurors room: “it helps your learn as a creative. You have to articulate why, and understand why you think what you do.” “Fall in love with the problem – not the idea” – Ann Wixley
- “Don’t just sell and showcase, how can you inspire?” – Jason Foo
- UKAEG is “taking networking beyond the people you know” – Leonie Moreton
- “It makes me better at networking, there is no dryness to it” Dan Cullen Shute, “and just get in the sea!”
This was a must attend session for all those wanting to enter and attend Cannes Lions 2024. We are looking to host similar sessions in the run up to Cannes Lions.
To coincide with International Trade week, we launched a continuation of our UK Advertising Made Global campaign, interviewing some of our members on how they’ve gone global, and how UKAEG has helped them to do this; as well as interviewing our supporters about UK advertising and why they support UKAEG. You can watch them here: